1.8K views
Featured Not resolved
4.0

I have used Fronline Plus on and off for many years for multiple pets.It used to work pretty well but lately it doesn't seem to work well at all.

I used it on one of my dogs two days ago and today she has a horrible area that is chemically burned. I can't believe that this happened. It looks so bad and I'm sure my dog is miserable. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow for treatment.

I will never purchase again.This has been the most horrible experience that I have ever had with any pet meds.

Reason of review: chemical burn on my dog. had to take her to the vet for exam..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Merial?

Comments

acaine73

Hi Beetlejuice Bigglesworth in Houston,

Trust me friend, I applied it correctly!I would never put any of my pets (or any pets for that matter) at risk of something happening to them because I didn't follow the instructions.

Like I mentioned before, I have used this brand as well as a few others on many pets over many years. This is just a post of what happened when I applied this one dose. I'm not sure why it is only in one area and why it didn't happen along the entire spine. Just FYI, vet didn't say it was because it was applied incorrectly.

I did this post to let others know what happened and to be careful that there is a possibility that another pet could have the same reaction.

Thanks for your concern in this matter.

I hope this answered your question.If not, sorry you don't understand!!

Houston, Texas, United States #961377

Why is the burn on the head? The instructions say to start between the shoulder blades.

to bigglesworth #961415

I sent a response!

Houston, Texas, United States #961375

It looks like you applied all of it in one area rather than down the spine to the tail as instructed.

to beatlejuice #961417

You have a response

to beatlejuice Poughkeepsie, New York, United States #966468

On my Frontline Plus it now says put entire tube between shoulder blades. maybe it is a counterfeit product. I know it used to be in spots down the back to the tail.

acaine73
to barb #966579

Hi Barb,

Yes, the box I had said between the shoulder blades.I have used other products that say to apply down the spine though.

In this particular case, it was applied as per instructions on the box. I've used this product on this same dog in the past with no problems. That is why I purchased it again.

This time though, this is what happened.Just wanted to caution everyone on this.

Frontline does not work for fleas. Fleas have naturally built an immunity to the product. I've had to spray many homes for fleas because the owners used frontline.

What did the vet do for the burn?My yellow lab has a burn too from Frontline Plus and literally screams if you come near it.

It's breaking my heart!Oh, and he still has fleas!

Clearwater, Florida, United States #881201

FRONT LINE PLUS DOES NOT WORK FOR MY TWO CHIHUAHUA S AT ALL , MAYBE TWO DAYS, IT IS AN

EXTREME RIP OFF !

I used revolution for years no problem s at all, NOW I CAN NOT GET IT, WITHOUT PAYING THE VET FOR A PRESCRIPTION AND THAT IS PRETTY HARD WITH NO JOB, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY I CAN NOT CONTROL FLEAS AND THEY CHARGE 100.00 for six worthless treatments

They art a MAJOR RIP OFF