Merial - Beware of chemical burn

66 of 147 Merial reviews

I have used Fronline Plus on and off for many years for multiple pets.It used to work pretty well but lately it doesn't seem to work well at all.

I used it on one of my dogs two days ago and today she has a horrible area that is chemically burned. I can't believe that this happened. It looks so bad and I'm sure my dog is miserable. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow for treatment.

I will never purchase again.This has been the most horrible experience that I have ever had with any pet meds.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
chemical burn on my dog. had to take her to the vet for exam.
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Frontline Plus
Review category
Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
review #531572 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Merial? Submit review ›
Helpful? 9 Yes 9 0 No 0
Had the same issue 14 Yes 14
66 of 147 Merial reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
acaine73

Mar 20, 2015 #961410

Hi Beetlejuice Bigglesworth in Houston,
Trust me friend, I applied it correctly! I would never put any of my pets (or any pets for that matter) at risk of something happening to them because I didn't follow the instructions. Like I mentioned before, I have used this brand as well as a few others on many pets over many years. This is just a post of what happened when I applied this one dose. I'm not sure why it is only in one area and why it didn't happen along the entire spine. Just FYI, vet didn't say it was because it was applied incorrectly. I did this post to let others know what happened and to be careful that there is a possibility that another pet could have the same reaction.
Thanks for your concern in this matter.
I hope this answered your question. If not, sorry you don't understand!!

bigglesworth

Mar 20, 2015 #961377 Houston, Texas, United States

Why is the burn on the head? The instructions say to start between the shoulder blades.

1 3 Reply

Mar 20, 2015 #961415

I sent a response!

beatlejuice

Mar 20, 2015 #961375 Houston, Texas, United States

It looks like you applied all of it in one area rather than down the spine to the tail as instructed.

0 2 Reply

Mar 20, 2015 #961417

You have a response

barb

Apr 01, 2015 #966468 Poughkeepsie, New York, United States

On my Frontline Plus it now says put entire tube between shoulder blades. maybe it is a counterfeit product. I know it used to be in spots down the back to the tail.

acaine73

Apr 01, 2015 #966579

Hi Barb,
Yes, the box I had said between the shoulder blades. I have used other products that say to apply down the spine though. In this particular case, it was applied as per instructions on the box. I've used this product on this same dog in the past with no problems. That is why I purchased it again. This time though, this is what happened. Just wanted to caution everyone on this.

0 0 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #949201

Frontline does not work for fleas. Fleas have naturally built an immunity to the product. I've had to spray many homes for fleas because the owners used frontline.

3 0 Reply
Macsmom

Oct 09, 2014 #882155

What did the vet do for the burn? My yellow lab has a burn too from Frontline Plus and literally screams if you come near it. It's breaking my heart! Oh, and he still has fleas!

7 1 Reply
FLEAS

Oct 07, 2014 #881201 Clearwater, Florida, United States

FRONT LINE PLUS DOES NOT WORK FOR MY TWO CHIHUAHUA S AT ALL , MAYBE TWO DAYS, IT IS AN
EXTREME RIP OFF !
I used revolution for years no problem s at all, NOW I CAN NOT GET IT, WITHOUT PAYING THE VET FOR A PRESCRIPTION AND THAT IS PRETTY HARD WITH NO JOB, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY I CAN NOT CONTROL FLEAS AND THEY CHARGE 100.00 for six worthless treatments
They art a MAJOR RIP OFF

3 0 Reply
dog

Feb 13, 2015 #945353 Pompano Beach, Florida, United States

wash your dog with borax laundry soap 1/4 cup per 1 gallon.It will kill fleas. Rinse the dog real good.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Merial. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Merial.
Filing a new complaint about
×