Merial - Certifect caused severe chemical burns
I applied the second dose of Certifect to my male and female miniature American Eskimo 5 yr-olds.
The male developed 8"x10" chemical burns on his shoulder and tail areas. Scabbed, hairless areas that will take months to heal. I have pictures available online.
The female had an episode of bloody urine that night, collapsed on the kitchen floor and never moved from the spot. She died at 7:30 the next morning.
Both dogs had used Frontline Plus with no problems. Neither had any previous health issues. Bought this product because it was made by Frontline. What a tragic mistake that was!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Merial Limited
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "My dog, Dudu (that's 10 yo)fell off the stairs, he was really nervous at the time, he couldn't move his front left leg. I'm just 14 years old, so my..."
- "I purchased de-wormer, and revolution. I thought it was strange that, although the company appears to be based in BC, my products took almost two weeks to arrive. Upon receiving..."
- "We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems. Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "My one and only advise...stay away ...like really far away...nothing but disappointment ..."