Merial - Certifect caused severe chemical burns

I applied the second dose of Certifect to my male and female miniature American Eskimo 5 yr-olds.

The male developed 8"x10" chemical burns on his shoulder and tail areas. Scabbed, hairless areas that will take months to heal. I have pictures available online.

The female had an episode of bloody urine that night, collapsed on the kitchen floor and never moved from the spot. She died at 7:30 the next morning.

Both dogs had used Frontline Plus with no problems. Neither had any previous health issues. Bought this product because it was made by Frontline. What a tragic mistake that was!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Sad for you

Jun 29, 2014 #833768

Oh my gosh, I am sorry for your loss. That is horrible. I have heard of this happening to other dogs but to see the pics is to see the reality of the problem. I will never use this again. I feel so sorry for you and your pup. How terrible!

Dec 24, 2013 #763277 Fallon, Nevada

I am so sorry for your loss and pray your other dog will heal and be ok.

Dec 23, 2013 #763195 Wichita, Kansas

The September issue of the Diagnostic Insights publication from the Kansas State Veterinary School featured an article about the adverse effects of Certifect.

Here is the link:

Dec 22, 2013 #762576 Norfolk, Virginia

Dec 22, 2013 #762686 Wichita, Kansas

I used Comfortis pills this month. Will not use another topical treatment. Thanks

Dec 21, 2013 #762361

:sigh :cry so sorry. I know what a dog adds to your life.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Merial. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Merial.
Filing a new complaint about