Merial - Chemical burn from frontline flea and tick drops
I used frontline according to directions and it caused a chemical burn on my dog causing pain, raw bloody skin and loss of her hair and skin.Now she has bald spots there which are still sensitive to touch and sun shining on it.
Its embarrassing also when i get asked if she has mange. I dont want other animals to suffer like Isis has. At the time of application, she freaked out and ran away. I thought she was being silly simply because she felt liquid on her skin.
I also applied it to my other dog. I then left for work, not realizing it possible she was getting burned. In the following two weeks it went from sensitive to touch to scabby toher fur and skin coming off in chunks, leaving raw bloody painful lesions. The raw skin has closed over leaving her seemingly permanently scarred with bald spots.
My other dog reacted differently. She developed rashy patches that were painful to touch, as if the poison were making its way out of her body. Something has to be done about this.
There are no warnings on the pkg advising to test a tiny drop for reaction, and how to treat it if there are problems.They should state that negative side effects are even possible and something to watch for.i had never had issues with other tick drops we have used in the past.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Frontline Plus For Dogs
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade. We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet..."
- "We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems. Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started..."
- "I applied the second dose of Certifect to my male and female miniature American Eskimo 5 yr-olds. The male developed 8"x10" chemical burns on his shoulder and tail areas. Scabbed, hairless..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."