Always used Frontline Plus. My vet switched to Frontline Gold.

Used it on both of my pure bred Labs. No issue on the 6 year old. My 16 month pup told me it hurt his skin when applied. About two days later, he was curled up in a ball, moaning, stumbled when walking, acting scared, no tail wagging.

After a half day, took him to emergency vet - inconclusive exam. I was told to monitor him and discuss with regular vet if symptoms do not go away. It has been 3 days now. Dog is beginning to get back to normal and I think all is going to be OK.

Bottom line - I have a very healthy, pampered Brit Lab who became very ill, mostly neurological plus physical ailment. I believe the only change to his situation was the Frontline Gold. I will NOT use this product again. I am a Chemical Engineer and do have some understanding of the chemistry behind this product.

Will need to find a replacement. Will go back to the old Frontline Plus and see how next month goes for him Will contact the manufacturer today and discuss also.

Product or Service Mentioned: Merial Frontline Gold Flea Control.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Used Frontline Gold on both of my dogs. One has been fine.

The other developed a 106 degree temperature and blood red skin all around his neck and hives on his head. His skin around his neck ended up scabbing and is losing hair in clumps. He was very lethargic for several days and in a lot of pain.

This was about a 3 weeks ago. Still losing hair but otherwise doing well.

Morris Plains, New Jersey, United States #1343341

Made my dog sick for days. I've used frontline for years.

What happened to this product? I'll never by anything from this company.